- 1 How do you cite a play in text?
- 2 How do you cite a play in APA in text?
- 3 How do you in text cite a drama?
- 4 How do you cite a website in text citation?
- 5 How do you cite a play performance?
- 6 How do you write a citation?
- 7 How do you cite Shakespeare works cited?
- 8 How do you cite a novella in an essay?
- 9 How do you do a work cited page?
- 10 How do you cite Macbeth?
- 11 How do u cite a website?
How do you cite a play in text?
When citing prose plays, use the page number first, followed by a semicolon and then other identifying information (e.g. Miller 9; Act 1). When citing verse plays with line numbers provided, use those instead of page numbers, separating division numbers with a period (see example above).
How do you cite a play in APA in text?
To cite a play in a reference entry in APA style 6th edition include the following elements:
- Author(s) of the play: Give the last name and initials (e. g. Watson, J. D.) of up to seven authors with the last name preceded by an ampersand (&).
- Year of publication: Give the year in brackets followed by a full stop.
How do you in text cite a drama?
MLA Style Guide — DRAMA
- Use the full title at its first mention in your text, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses. E.g. “In All’s Well That Ends Well (AWW), Shakepeare”
- Any subsequent references to the title may be abbreviated.
- See the MLA Handbook, sections 7.7 & 7.7. 2 for more information.
How do you cite a website in text citation?
Cite web pages in text as you would any other source, using the author and date if known. Keep in mind that the author may be an organization rather than a person. For sources with no author, use the title in place of an author. For sources with no date use n.d. (for no date) in place of the year: (Smith, n.d.).
How do you cite a play performance?
Use the following structure to cite a live performance in MLA format: Playwright First Name Last Name. Performance Title. Directed by Director First Name Last Name, Theater Company, Date Seen, Theater Name, City, State.
How do you write a citation?
When using APA format, follow the author-date method of in-text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the year of publication for the source should appear in the text, for example, (Jones, 1998), and a complete reference should appear in the reference list at the end of the paper.
How do you cite Shakespeare works cited?
When citing Shakespeare plays, list the ACT, SCENE, and LINES in parenthetical citations (page numbers are NOT included), separated by periods. Enclose the citation in parentheses. For example: (Macbeth 1.3.
How do you cite a novella in an essay?
Citing a short story from a book Author last name, First name. “Story Title.” Book Title, edited by Editor first name Last name, Publisher, Year, pp. Page range.
How do you do a work cited page?
- Begin your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your research paper.
- Label the page Works Cited (do not italicize the words Works Cited or put them in quotation marks) and center the words Works Cited at the top of the page.
- Double space all citations, but do not skip spaces between entries.
How do you cite Macbeth?
Citing Sources: Shakespeare and MLA
- Italicize the titles of the plays – Macbeth (for the play), Macbeth (for the character)
- You may abbreviate the title of the play in the parenthetical citation (check with your teacher first)
- Do not use page numbers in parenthetical citation – always include (act.scene.lines)
How do u cite a website?
Cite web postings as you would a standard web entry. Provide the author of the work, the title of the posting in quotation marks, the web site name in italics, the publisher, and the posting date. Follow with the date of access. Include screen names as author names when author name is not known.